Conversion optimization is a really important term to learn and understand if you are looking to generate sales from your website. The first battle in having an online presence is to get people to your site. This is accomplished through optimizing your site for SEO, and then getting visibility through search engines and ads to send people to your site. This can be done in many different ways from link building to content generation, but regardless of how you get potential customers to your site, once they are there you would still like them to ‘convert’. This is where conversion optimization comes in.
Basically, conversion optimization is improving the functionality of your website as a whole so that the usability facilitates greater conversions (otherwise known as sales, email list sign ups, subscriptions or whatever the end goal of your website is). Regardless of what the conversion goal of your website is, there are several key things to keep in mind when you are looking to optimize this for your specific site. Below is a quick list of things that you might want to keep in mind.
- Keep the navigation simple. The navigation for your website needs to be simple and easy to follow. If you are looking to sell something, it needs to be very clear how someone can do this, and where they can do it. If people have to look around your website for hours, they will leave and you will not get a conversion after you have worked so hard to get them to your site. The more organized you are, the more likely you are to get a conversion. This is especially true if your customers are viewing a mobile version of your site.
- Keep your target audience in mind. Always remember who you are trying to sell to, and make sure your website is catered to them. Whatever elements they would appreciate in a good website experience should be displayed.
- Landing pages. This is an important element for conversion optimization. Make sure they are engaging. You can have a video or a graphic on there, but it needs to draw the visitors in. Do not make it too difficult to navigate because this will confuse and frustrate people. If it is simple and your action goal is clear, your conversions will be higher.
- Keep your layout and design consistent. Nothing is worse than having a poorly designed website that jumps all over the place. It makes you look unprofessional and will further confuse your visitors. It also can make you appear untrustworthy!
- Have a search function. Having on-site search functionality will make it easier for your visitors to find something on your website. The bigger your site, the more important this is because people will stop looking on your website if they cannot easily find what they are looking for.
Above is just a few ways that you can enhance your website for conversion optimization. Doing this on your own can be incredibly challenging which is why hiring Explode SEO for your conversion optimization is crucial. Putting all your optimization needs in the hands of an experienced company will do wonders for your business. Sometimes you don’t even know where you need help until an expert like Explode SEO comes in and shows you what you need to improve on. Give yourself a chance to succeed by hiring these experts!